BaseSystems.com does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
Shortages and damaged items.
- BaseSystems.com does not accept any liability for shortages and damages to supplied or delivered goods unless the customer notifies BaseSystems.com by phone of the shortages or damages within 24 hours of supply or delivery followed by a written notification within 3 days in order to process a claim with the manufacturer or delivery company. You must retain all the original packaging for inspection by the courier or ourselves. Help and advice will be available in the first instance by using the Contact Us link, which is located at the top and bottom of all BaseSystems.com web pages.
- In the case of mail order, “Delivery” is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the customer’s nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage shall pass to the customer.
- BaseSystems.com cannot be held responsible for any consequential losses, costs or damages involved with shortages and damages to items however; BaseSystems.com shall endeavour to resolve any problem with expediency.
Return of faulty goods under warranty
BaseSystems.com is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions products may be found to be faulty or defective and in keeping with our commitment to providing you with excellent service, we offer the following returns facilities:
- The warranty shall not apply if the goods have been tampered with, altered or damaged in any way by the customer; this includes connection cables and looms.
- Unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer’s documentation, all goods supplied or delivered to UK mainland addresses carry a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Prior to taking any action we would ask you to contact our returns department, using the Contact Us link which can be found at the top and bottom of all BaseSystems.com web pages. We may be able to resolve the problem or give you advice on the appropriate action to take.
- If the problem cannot be resolved we would suggest that you return the goods to us or the original manufacturer depending on your specific circumstances. There may be occasions due to the nature of the fault when it could be necessary to return the product to the original manufacturer. The manufacturer’s turnaround time will be dependent on many factors.
- On receipt of the returned product we will test it to identify the fault you have notified to us. Provided that the goods are found to be faulty under the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty there will be no charge for rectification and in the case of mail order customers BaseSystems.com will pay for the return of the goods. If following the testing process the product is found to be in good working order without defect we will return the product to you, the carriage cost of this return will be your responsibility.
Mail order customers will be responsible for the organisation and cost of returning the goods to us. The following may be helpful:
- Please ensure the equipment is adequately packed and protected to prevent damage in transit.
- Do not forget to include a copy of your proof of purchase and also a full description of the fault. Please supply a daytime contact telephone number and return address.
- Contact a BaseSystems.com representative for the relevant returns address.
- Our recommended method of return would be via Parcel Force Standard Delivery Service. This service is available through your local post office and we would recommend that you take out adequate compensation to cover the value of the goods.
BaseSystems.com cannot accept liability for packages damaged or lost during transit. It is the customer’s responsibility to adequately pack and protect the goods and to ensure that the parcel is sufficiently insured.
Purchases made from our online store are not sold on a “Trial basis”. Customers are strongly advised to check the suitability and specification of products prior to purchasing. In the event that BaseSystems.com, at its discretion, may agree to accept the goods back the following conditions will apply:
- a) The goods are to be returned unopened and in perfect resalable condition.
- b) The goods are to be returned within 7 days of purchase.
- If points a) and b) are met then a handling fee of 15% or £20, whichever is the greater will be deducted from the refunded amount. Alternatively the customer may choose to exchange the returned goods for credit against alternative products to the equivalent value or greater without a handling fee.
- Contracts for the purchase of goods by a customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the BaseSystems.com website are, subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, with the exception of Software/mapping and Music CD/DVD products. These items are not refundable due to their nature. Consumers may cancel goods purchased from BaseSystems.com by sending a notice of cancellation by e-mail to: sales@BaseSystems.com. The notice of cancellation must be delivered within seven working days of the date of delivery of goods to the nominated address. The following conditions apply:
- a) The customer will be responsible for all delivery costs, including the organisation and cost of returning the goods making sure they are adequately packaged and insured.
- b) The goods are to be returned unopened and in perfect resalable condition.
- c) If points a) and b) are met upon inspection of the returned goods, a refund will be made to the customer.
Goods and services, together with vat, are invoiced at the price prevailing at time of order. BaseSystems.com reserves the right to modify the prices from time to time.
Errors and omissions
BaseSystems.com makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted in its showrooms and website are correct and accurate.
However, in the event that a mistake may occur due to the rapidly changing nature of the market BaseSystems.com will be entitled to rescind the contract, not withstanding that it has already accepted the customer’s order, and BaseSystem.com’s liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the customer has paid in respect of that order.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
BaseSystems.com, 83-87 Fylde Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 2XQ. Telephone 01772 886000